Re: [patch 5/9] I2C: remove i2c_driver's .owner and .name fields

Hi, Jean,

	Sorry for the late answer... I've suffered a bad filtering rule on this
account, and this went to a different folder... Only today I noticed and
fixed the rule.

Em Qui, 2005-10-27 ?s 22:40 +0200, Jean Delvare escreveu:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> Please don't forget to explicitely list Laurent in To: or CC:.
	Ok, I will at the next patches.

> > We've included several new I2C drivers on V4L CVS tree, and I'm about
> > to send the newer patchset series to -mm. If you want to see it, these
> > are early available at:
> >   http://linuxtv.org/download/video4linux/patches/2.6.14-rc5
>
> About this, I've noticed two issues with these patches:
>
> v4l_635_add_bttv_card_137_conceptronic_ctvfmi_v2.patch
> Creates a bttv-cards.c.orig file.

> v4l_801_whitespaces_cleanups.patch
> Creates a tvaudio.c.orig file.
	Auch! I need to review my scripts... It is supposed to had a rule there
to avoid this stuff...

> I would also suggest that you limit the length of the patch file names. v4l_716_from_markus_rechberger_mrechberger_gmail_com_ludovico_cavedon_cavedon_sssup_it_mauro_carvalho_chehab_mchehab_brturbo_com_br_.patch is a bit too long IMHO ;)
	This patch name was wrongly generated, but I'll include such rule on my
stript.

> > Basically, your patches should be go after the V4L patchsets, and
> > should also include some newer boards, like:
> > 	em2820-i2c.c
> > 	cs53l32a.c
> > 	wm8775.c
> > 	saa711x.c
> > 	tvp5150.c
>
> No, it doesn't work that way. i2c patches are applied before the v4l
> patches in -mm, and I doubt Andrew is going to reorder patchsets every
> now and then. There simply are too many dependencies to deal with.
>
> So, just send your v4l patches to Andrew when they're ready. I'll send
> my i2c patches (including Laurent's) when they are ready, with a note
> to Andrew on how to fix drivers which might break, and he'll deal with
> that just fine.
>
> You shouldn't underestimate Andrew's ability to deal with conflicts of
> all sorts. He's damn good at it.
	I know :) I just try to avoid overcharge him with unnecessary
conflicts.

> When either the i2c or v4l patches finally get merged into Linus' tree,
> the other one of us will have to update his patchset. That shouldn't be
> difficult either.
	For sure. Btw, for now, I didn't sent a patch including wm8775 and
saa711x on Makefile/Kconfig. I'll send two or tree more drivers from
ivtv tree (cx25840 - a big one, saa7127 and a different version of
saa711x that will replace the current version and provide support for
more chips). With these, I'll include Makefile/Kconfig, so we should
notice what were broken because of Laurent (and other I2c) recent
changes.
> Thanks,
Cheers,
Mauro.

Yahoo! Acesso Gr?tis: Internet r?pida e gr?tis.
Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/