lm_sensors in an embedded environment

I did some research on this subject, and I think lm_sensors would fit my
purposes well. I haven't confirmed if it would work on an non-mmu distro
(uClinux) though.

My goal for this is, as I have said, get uClinux running on a PPC core
inside and FPGA, or use some other small micro to run the lm_sensor package
in order to sense ambient temperature, fan tachs, and voltage levels. I'm
not interested in the core's internal temps or anything like that.

So far I have decided lm_sensors would work great, and I read somewhere that
someone had it working on a blackfin. Not to sure though since the
information was limited.

Rob