Patch for i2c-elektor driver

Wow, this is getting to be quite a spring-cleaning now.

I have incorporated all your suggestions into this patch, except for
these two:

* Jean: use of val & 255 in printk statement in pcf_isa_setbyte() - I
think this is actually required because parameter val is an integer
quantity and could have been sign-extended?  I would prefer to change
the function parameter to u8, but this violates the types of struct
i2c_algo_pcf_data.

* Greg: I haven't changed the printk and pr_debug calls yet, because
there are some printk calls before a struct device is initialised (this
is done when the device is registered to i2c_algo_pcf at the end of
driver init).  What is the policy relating to driver output before
there is an associated struct device initialised?

I took a look at the code with sparse, there were no reported problems.
  However, am I right in thinking that sparse is x86-centric?  I was
running the compilation on an Alpha system.  With more than a little
irony considering the political harangue against gcc in the sparse
documentation, it didn't compile on my RH8 x86 system: gcc gave an
internal compiler error...

The attached patch is for code cleanup and is a direct replacement for
patch 2.

Regards,
Stig Telfer