VGN-S4

Hi Knefas,

> I have a sony vaio VGN-S4 and lm_sensors doens't recognize any
> hardware sensor.

This is expected. Sony Vaio laptops almost never have hardware
monitoring chips lm_sensors can drive.

The only thing you can use on these laptops for monitoring is the ACPI
thermal zone (/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/ATF0/temperature.)

> I've seen that in 2.9.2
>
> Program sensors: Support the VAIO "VGN" prefix for eeprom
>
> I hope this will support my eeprom too.

It will, but this isn't very helpful, as the decode-vaio.pl script does
a much better job than sensors for these EEPROMs anyway. And the time
will come (soon) when sensors doesn't decode EEPROMs at all anymore -
after all these are not sensors.

Oh, BTW, maybe you should change your laptop's password now that you
exposed it to the world...

--
Jean Delvare