Working on Abit Uguru driver

Hi,

2 months ago bought an Abit KV8 Pro motherboard, because I thought it
was well supported under Linux. And to be fair it is well supported
under Linux except for the @#$% Uguru chip.

I've kindly requested Abit for programming info, and I believe you
already know the answer (NO).

I did however find this little GPL openguru program on the internet
written by Olle Sandberg <ollebull at gmail.com>. You can find this program
at: http://hem.bredband.net/b330708/oguru/oguru.tar.gz

This program only supports reading the actual sensor values and does not
support reading/setting min/max and reading alarms. I've written an
lmsensors chip driver for the abituguru chip based on this program. This
driver thus is limited to only reading the sensor values like the
openguru program.

In my enthousiasm to get my abituguru sensors supported I didn't read
doc/developers/new_drivers, but instead started working on a driver
immediatly, using the drivers (specific the via686a) in the 2.6 kernel
tree as a base.

Currently I've a working 2.6 driver, it reports correct values when
catting /sys/bus/i2c/devices/xxx/xxx_input. I've made up an I2C_ID for
now, can you provide me with one?

I still have a problem with my current driver sensors does see the
client (I've added it and a bunch of label statements to sensors.conf),
but doesn't report any values for it, do you know what could be the
cause of this?

Last question. What todo now, I assume I need to port my driver to your
current CVS tree. Can you explain the difference between the in kernel
stuff and your stuff. And why is there a difference in the first place?

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

I know you're not enthousiastic about supporting sensorchips without
proper datasheets. But since I wanted to get this chip supported I've
just bitten the bullet. I promise I'll handle all support for THIS chip.