Kernel 2.6 support for vt1211

On http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/supported.html is states that as of
2005-05-18 the kernel 2.6 support for the vt1211 sensor chip was being
worked on by Lars Ekman. Has any progress been made on this support or
is there anything I can do with respect to testing a driver? I have a
VIA EPIA board which I would really like to be able to run sensors on
but I also want to use 2.6 to take advantage of the Nehemiah
optimisations in 2.6.

Please cc my email address (mark AT marksyms DOT demon DOT co DOT uk) in
any replies as I am not subscribed to the list.

Many thanks,

Mark