SMBus not detected on SiS 964 south bridge

Hello Tero:

* Tero Saarni <tero.saarni at gmail.com> [2005-08-04 19:08:16 +0300]:
> I have SiS 964 south bridge on DFI 661FX-MLV (rev. C)
> motherboard [1].
>
> SMBus does not get detected by default so I tried to add
> PCI_DEVICE_ID_SI_964 to pci_ids.h and drivers/pci/quirks.c.
>
> I now get "Enabling SiS 96x SMBus." in kernel log i.e. quirks.c
> now seems to try enable SMBus but lspci still doesn't show SMBus.
> See the output below.
>
> Any ideas what went wrong?
> [...]

> lspci -vvv -xxx
> [...]

I have no idea, sorry.  I traced the IO of an Asus hardware monitoring program
in order to figure out that quirk code.  Yours is the first 96x I've heard of
for which it doesn't work - bummer.  Does DFI provide a hardware monitoring app?
Can you fire it up inside Wine and capture the IO it performs?

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com