Fancontrol

Henry wrote:

>Hi I'm using Lm sensors and fancontrol
>I have not found a way to set constant CPU fan speed.
>
>every time when the outside temperature drops the cpu fan stops then
>starts and then stops.
>this is very annoying I have to change the settings in
>the /etc/fancontrol file when the weather changes

many fan-controller circuits are PWM, pulse width modulated.
these usually give a power knob with 256 steps, from 0 to full power.
Since you seem to not know whats on your board, guessing would be pointless.

have you tried compiling *all* the sensor modules, and seeing which ones
are sensors-detect'd ?