W83792D & Overtemperature LED on Supermicro

Hi again Eric,

> Yes, that was it, except I had to make a few minor adjustments to the
> driver file to get it to compile against the 2.6.5 kernel.  (Before
> you ask, yes, we *have* to use that kernel version; the customer wants
> SuSE Enterprise 9, and that's the most recent kernel version we have
> from SuSE with all their patches and whatnot.)  In addition, I made a
> teeny patch to the driver to change the dev_info() message that is
> logged every time the driver polls the chip to a dev_dbg() message,
> since our production engineer was concerned about the excessive log
> messages.  I am attaching the patch as I modified it for 2.6.5, and
> the second patch for the log messages (that works against either the
> 2.6.5 or 2.6.12 patches).

Another thing here, see these lines in the patch:

+	/* Start monitoring */
+	w83792d_write_value(client, W83792D_REG_CONFIG,
+			    (w83792d_read_value(client,
+						W83792D_REG_CONFIG) & 0xf7)
+			    | 0x01);

I believe that the mask should be 0x7e, rather than 0xf7. Could you
please change that and see if it helps?

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare