I2C 2.9.1 driver support for High Speed I2C (draft design)

Hi Jean,

Thanks for pointing it out. I understand and accept your comment. I had
used the lmsensor 2.9.1 as a readily available reference point. In fact,
if we look at the functions and structures that would be affected by the
suggested change in the 2.6 kernel i2c driver, I see that there is no
functional change (in the said functions and structures) between the 2.4
and the 2.6 versions that would affect HSI2C implementation. In short,
the suggested implementation is valid even for 2.6 kernel. This was one
of the design criteria I had placed while looking out for a solution.
So, if any custom kernel base wanted to extend the Linux2.4 i2c driver,
it could do so, at the same time, the feature set could be readily
available for the 2.6 kernel too.

I would love to hear comments for the over all plan (of-course, keeping
the 2.6 kernel in picture) before I even think about sending out a patch
for the same.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon