RE: w83792d driver for the 2.6 kernel

Hi all,
>>monitor the temperature on the SuperMicro P8SCT motherboard that my
>
> team is
>
>>evaluating.

I have ready a patch for 2.6.x kernels (2.6.11, 2.6.12 older might work too) please see the attachment.
And also you need to use CVS version of lm_sensors.Download from here:
http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/archive/lm_sensors-daily.tar.gz
and compile with:
make user; make user_install

Please let us know how it works.

> I have finished the porting of w83792d driver to the 2.6 kernel, and
> submitted
> it to the lm_sensors group. Rudolf, the member of lm_sensors group
> helped me
> to finish the documents and will submit it to the kernel term for me in
> the
> near future, I think.

Yes I will work on it today. It is nearly ready and soon it will go to -mm- series of kernels.
There were some sysfs callbacks changes in -mm- and this needs to be incorporated to the driver.

Regards
Rudolf