RE: w1-dev

Hi Evgeniy,

<quote>
 - there is kernel policy to not include new functionality without
it's users, so you need to push eeprom driver into w1 subsystem :)
</quote>

I plan on doing that eventually.
The family 23 driver will need a 512 byte eeprom sysfs entry, and I'd
like to cache the data.

I'll need to make these changes to the w1 family stuff:
 1. The family drivers need private storage in each slave
 2. Add optional add/remove functions when a slave is added.
    This is needed to add sysfs entries and allocate private memory.

<quote>
 - I want to move w1 notifications to kernel connector, when it will be
put into mainline (if it will be), so notification part of w1
and new dev interface could be much simplified with it.
</quote>

I didn't find any examples of using the connector code in 2.6.12-rc5-mm2
on-line.
Would you point me to an example of how to use that feature?

<quote>
 - I personally hate strings :), I do not insist, but why
strings, but not binary data, like i2c does?
</quote>

I agree. Switching to binary would eliminate a fair amount of code.
Once I figure out that connector/netlink stuff, I'll change that.

I just need to find some time to work on it. =)

Thanks,
Ben