fixing ticket #1944

Hi Jean,

--- Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> Hi Hugo,
>
> On 2005-06-15, Hugo Vanwoerkom:
> > I have an Epox EP-8VTAI mobo and my situation is
> > exactly that of ticket 1944, except I run kernel
> > 2.6.10.
> >
> > I would like to remedy the situation, can someone
> > suggest the steps to take? Given that I have
> kernel
> > programming experience, but no hardware monitoring
> > equipment.
> >
> > Am I way off base?
>
> Looks so. The W83687THF is a rare chip, not listed
> on Winbond's site, we
> have no datasheet for it, this explains why we don't
> support it.
>
> We may add experimental detection support to
> sensors-detect if you
> provide the output of the following command:
>
> isadump -k 0x87,0x87 0x2e 0x2f 0x0b
>
> You'll need a recent version of isadump (lm_sensors
> 2.9.1 or CVS). If it
> doesn't seem to provide any useful information, try
> 0x4e 0x4f instead
> of 0x2e 0x2f.
>
> Chunhao, do you have information about the W83687THF
> chip? Could Winbond
> release a datasheet for that chip? There's not much
> we can do without
> that.

Thanks for the quick answer.
This is the dump of 0x2e 0x2f:

Script started on Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:02:21 AM CDT
/Thu Jun 16-06:02:21HDB1# isadump -k 0x87,0x87 0x2e
0x2f 0x0b
WARNING! Running this program can cause system
crashes, data loss and worse!
I will probe address register 0x2e and data register
0x2f.
Probing bank 11 using bank register 0x07.
Continue? [Y/n]
     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 0b ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
10: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
20: 85 42 ff 00 40 00 00 ff 50 03 f0 01 00 00 00 00
30: 01 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
40: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
50: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
60: 02 90 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
70: 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
80: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
90: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
a0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
b0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
c0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
d0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
e0: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
f0: 11 3f ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
/Thu Jun 16-06:02:25HDB1# exit
exit

Script done on Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:02:27 AM CDT

Dump for 0x4e and 0x4f has all ff.

For some reason my posts are not being routed from
lm-sensors to my email address, I have noted that on
other lists.

Let me know if I can help, be glad to.
Thanks again.

Hugo