How can I skip i2c detection?

Hi Jean,

<clip>
> > Oh, I'm using the lm83 driver with a lm82 chip - and it works great.
>
> The lm83 driver could easily be extended to natively support the LM82.
> It wasn't done so far because no LM82 chip was ever seen, but now you
> seem to have one. If you want support, just ask and I'll add it.
<clip>

Well, if it's not too much of a bother, I'd like that.
Using hwmon-sysfs.h would clean that module up a bit, too. =)

I looked into doing this briefly, but didn't see a clean way to support
both chips.

As for detection...
On the LM82, temperatures 2 and 4 always read 127. (The spec says
otherwise.)
Register 0xFF (the stepping) is 3 (same as LM83) so that can't be used.
So maybe the detection could be to read temp 2 & 4 and if they are both
127, then it is a lm82?
I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Ben