Maxilife LEDs?

I notice that it's possible to write to the LCD with the maxilife chipset,
but was wondering if it would be possible to set the state of the LEDs on
the front panel too?  As I understand, the data sheet for this chipset is
only available under a NDA.

I believe this may be possible, because HP released some (proprietary)
software for NT4 for "workstation locking", which illuminated the 'Lock'
LED.  HP also modified the Intel ee100 driver on NT4 to illuminate the LAN
LED upon activity.

I also believe the chipset has the ability to change the color of the Power
LED from green to red...

Cheers,
Peter Dey