W83792 review and testing

Hi Rudolf

> Thermal cruise
> --------------
>
> At this mode, W83792D provides the Smart Fan system to automatically
control
> fan speed to keep the temperatures of CPU and the system within
specific
> range. At first a wanted temperature and interval must be set. This is
done
> via thermal_cruise# file. The tolerance# file serves to create T +-
tolerance
> interval. The fan speed will be lowered as long as the current
temperature
> remains below the thermal_cruise# +- tolerance# value. Once the
temperature
> exceeds the high limit (T+tolernace), the fan will be turned on with a
> specific speed set by pwm# and automatically controlled its PWM duty
cycle
> with the temperature varying. Three conditions may occur:

Your comprehension is correct, I test it just now on your suggestion:
If I set pwm2_enable into thermal cruise mode first,
then set the thermal_cruise2 into a low value such as 25(degree), the
pwm2
will decrease automatically step by step.

On the other hand, if I set the thermal_cruise2 into a large value such
as
42(degree) under thermal cruise mode, the pwm2 will increase step by
step,
If the set thermal_cruise2 is very larger such as 80(degree), the
increase
of pwm2 may be very quickly, for example, from 9 into 15(full) in ONE
step.

Thanks
Best Regards
Chunhao