temperature monitor on my w83627hf-isa-0290

thanks for the reply Rudolf.  I've just emailed ABIT about my uGuru chip,
though I suppose I don't expect much from them.

I do have one more question though.  I noticed that when my CPU was running
hot, the kernel itself was reporting the high temp and further switching
into "modulated clock mode".  I assume this has something to do with the
CONFIG_ACPI_THERMAL or CONFIG_X86_MCE_P4THERMAL settings in the kernel.
Since the kernel seems to know when my proc is running over temp, I have to
assume it either knows the temp itself or has some tie into the alarm.  any
way I could see into that stuff in userland?
-alan