no more "applied, thanks" emails from me.

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 10:33:00PM -0400, Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
> Hi Greg:
>
> * Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> [2005-05-03 21:20:33 -0700]:
> > Just a short note to know that I'll probably not be sending any kind of
> > ACK message out to the mailing list anymore when I apply patches to my
> > tree.  Instead, the patch submitter will get a message when it gets
> > applied, that contains a bunch of info about what patch it was, and
> > others that they have pending in my tree.
>
> I already received one of these for that little USB patch.  It would be
> nice if you could make the ACK email threaded to the original patch email.

Yeah, I tried it, but unfortunatly the In-Reply-To: didn't work out for
a variety of reasons (not present in patch due to it being stripped out,
script to do raw smtp not handling it, etc.)  But I'll hack on it a bit
and see if I can get that working as I too hate breaking threading...

thanks,

greg k-h