RFC PATCH 2.6 sysfs names: fscher: change div to ripple

Hi Khali, Philip,

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:32:39 +0200 (CEST), "Jean Delvare" <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

>               I would have gone for fanN_ppr for something shorter.

I'll do it this way, the long name was for comment :)  Any driver may
choose to include the fanN_ppr accessor so that correct reading in
rpm available from sysfs?  Or is that going too far again?

>think I remember a Linux 2.4 driver using that name already.

>At any rate, the name fanN_ripple doesn't sound good to me.

Ripple always struck me as an odd name too.

>Note that such patches can only be accepted in Linux 2.6 if an equivalent
>patch is provided for libsensors.

I've done that before, do you want the old name kept like last time too?

Cheers,
Grant.