lmsensor support for laptop

> Hello,
>
> I have a (recent) laptop whose motherboard chipset is
> an intel 855GME, this chipset seems not mentionned
> in the lmsensors web pages,

Hi, lapstops generally do not have temp monitors compatible with common
chips we support. If it is IBM do not try to play with lm_sensors at all.

If you want to get some temp try ACPI instead:

acpi -V

command, assuming you loaded all modules like thermal-zone etc.

You can install lm-sensors package and run sensors-detect. For more
information please tak a look to documentation on web page or in
lmsensors package. If you need more help even when you read the docs
write again please.

regards

Rudolf