lm_sensors2/kernel/chips w83792d.c

Hi Chunhao,

> When the fan divisor adjust itself automatically step by step, Should
> the fan limit keep the original value?

Yes it should. It is already prefered when changing the divider is a
manual operation. It becomes a requirement when the divider changes
automatically.

> It seems that in your driver, the fan limit value will also change with
> the fan divisor like mine?

No, the fan min value, expressed in RPM, is preserved.

> Could you tell me the exact purpose of "old_min"?

It's there to prevent writing the new register value if it happens to be
the same as before (which will basically happen if the divider was not
changed - I guess I could have tested the divider value instead for a
similar result.

--
Jean Delvare