We will port w83792d.c to linux-2.6

Hello,

I must go to school so I will answer only to one part.

I2C WRITE QUICK is used to detect the devices. It is simply a "probe"
You will just issue bus transaction, Start cond, address, and you will
wait if some device will confirm its presence. I'm not expert on this
and I think then STOP is issued and thats all.

It does not read/write anything just probing address if someone respond
on this address.

I will take a look to logs this evening.

Regards

Rudolf