Query on apparently 'disconnected' sysfs interfaces

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:25:39 -0500, "Mark M. Hoffman" <mhoffman at lightlink.com> wrote:
. . .
>Each show_temp() defines an entire (small) function.  The preprocessor
>operator ## is used to tack the literal text "input1" onto "show_temp_"
>to form a single token.  See page 90 of K&R/C.

So I gotta go find a copy of a book I chucked >20 years ago?  :o)

>> Are there tools written to perform this or similar checking?
>> I'd really dislike re-inventing this stuff.
>
>I'm not sure what you mean here.  What checking?

These items do not appear in doc/i2c/sysfs-interface, yet to
check source context, ad hoc grep & cut in drivers/i2c/chips:

alarm_mask	< beep_mask?  I'd like to have alarm_mask
alarms_in
alarms_temp
analog_out
aout_output	< analog_out ?
die_code
fan1_auto
gpio
gpio_mask
in1_ref
out0_enable
out0_output
temp1_crit_enable
temp1_hyst
temp1_min_hyst
vid		< cpu0_vid?

At this point in time I'm quite happy to document and cross-reference
current practice, but I don't want to duplicate a work-in-progress.

Whether this is useful to the group I don't know, but I'll chase
documentation in preference to ad hoc coding, or blindly copy-paste
what might work -- too much of that has happened already.

>I hope this helps; regards,
yes, it does, thank you.

Cheers,
Grant.