bmcsensors port to 2.6

Just to follow up on Martin's message, the problem was discussed in
more detail in this mailing list before (see
http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg26067.html), however
nothing has addressed this problem since.

If I was to create a patch that allowed a more functional device sysfs
callback, how likely would it ever be accepted into the mainstream
kernel?

To highlight the problem, having a maximum of 150 sensors in the
bmcsensors drivers results in a kernel module 110kb in size, compared
to a size of ~50kb for the driver with a limit of 50 drivers (due to
the extra callback functions and pointers). Aside from the kludge that
is the non-dynamic callbacks the driver uses currently it causes a
real and unacceptable (in my opinion) inefficiency.

If there really is going to be no way around this then I would suggest
merging the bmcsensors driver into the mainstream kernel, I believe it
is stable enough.

Yani