parport driver

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 andreas at schutz.se wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> WOW! Impressed, you sure gave me a fast answer!
> My kernel is 2.6.8-24.11-default.
> Does the possibility to use the pport driver depend on the kernel version?
> And.. sorry for my novice attitude (i'm not at native english) but what do
> you mean with the CC thing to the list?

Just look who is second recepient of this email :) And when replaying
add it recepicent list too.

If you want parport driver with no additional hardware and  you are
willing to use 2.6.x kernel version you need my 2.6 port of this driver

http://www.assembler.cz/download/i2cpport26.tar.gz

(i2c-pport)

You need your kernel sources to be installed and your kernel needs to be
partially configured. Then you will be able to compile it on your own.

Hardware: just connect three wires

SDA - connect to pin 14 (Auto Linefeed)
SCL - connect to pin 16 (Initialize Printer)
GND - connect to one of pin 18-25

You need to put your parallel port to "Standart" or "SPP" mode in bios.
(be sure it is set to 0x378 address)

About the module compilation, there is some short INSTALL file. I dont
know how you are skilled for kernel compile. We have IRC channel on
Freenode #linux-sensors  unfortunatelly I will be away starting from today
until start of next next week. So I cant help you with your kernel
compilation. You can try to ask other people there. Or wait for me to come
back.

Regards

Rudolf