bmcsensors on kernel 2.6.11

(I've forwarded this to the lm_sensors mailing list as I think this
should be discussed on there)

I hope it will get into the mainstream kernel relatively soon, I
haven't asked for it to be included in the mainstream kernel yet,
mainly because I wanted enough testing to ensure that it was of some
reasonable stability. The patch has been out for a year now however,
and the only reports of instability I had would seem to be problems
that were fixed in the 2.4 version.

Now that I've updated the patch to include the fixes applied to the
2.4 version since the initial port the only thing that perhaps might
restrict it from being included in the kernel is the method that one
has to declare the sysfs callback - there is no way (I should say
there was no way at the time of the initial port - I haven't looked
into it since then) to dynamically create a number of sysfs callbacks
decided at run-time. Hence if you look at the 2.6 bmcsensors I have
the kludge of having to declare a set number of callbacks at
compile-time which, apart from looking very ugly, limits the number of
sensors.

The reasons for this limitation are simply that none of the other
sensors in the lm_sensors project have the ability to address a
virtually unlimited number of sensors, rather most can only address a
few (after all most of the 'chip' drivers are for relatively simple
hardware chips :-) ).

Unless anybody knows of a nice way to avoid this, what is a reasonable
maximum number of sensors for an IPMI BMC? And how would I go about
getting the driver included in the kernel?

Yani