Asus A8V Deluxe

OK, one last update, I think I have this right.

Still using the w83627thf-* config, but there's no -12V supply and
there's no battery since this is a desktop machine, so I commented out
label in4 and label in8 and replaced them with "ignore" ...

I set the vrm to 2.4 since this is an AMD64 and the single datasheet for
AMD64, 64FX, and Opteron all use this same spec.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_7203,00.html
document #30430 "Amd Athlon64 Processor Power and Thermal Data Sheet"
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/30430.pdf

It turns out Vcore was correct all along; I thought it was wrong before
because the chip is spec'd for 1.4V/1.0V and I was seeing ~1.7V here.
But in fact, I had left Vcore on [AUTO] in the BIOS and it chose 1.7V! I
fixed the BIOS setting, so the chip is running cooler now.

Asus PC Probe didn't report the 3rd temperature sensor, so I really had
no idea what it was, and it wasn't in the BIOS screens either. But in
the Asus A8V manual there's a screenshot showing this labeled as Power
temperature. Also, SiSoft Sandra reported it as Power / Aux so I'm now
using these labels:

     label temp1 "M/B Temp"
     label temp2 "CPU Temp"
     label temp3 "Pwr Temp"

I believe it's correct. The M/B temp changes very little, +/- one degree
over many hours. With a room at 18C ambient, M/B seems to stay around
27C. At the same time, CPU idle, the CPU temp reads 31C, and the Pwr
Temp reads 18C. When I run something CPU-intensive (like super_pi) the
Pwr Temp rises a couple degrees immediately, and the CPU Temp ramps up
slowly.

The PWM controller for Fan2 works fine to control the CPU fan. I haven't
tested Fan1 or Fan3 because they're plugged into my Antec power supply
and that's controlling them.

     set fan1_div 8
     set fan1_min 1000
     set fan2_div 4
     set fan2_min 1000
     label fan1 "Case Fan"
     label fan2 "CPU Fan"
     label fan3 "PSU Fan"

I had to set fan1_div to get any reading at all, and fan2_div to get
something close to reality. fan3 seemed to come up with correct defaults
already.

I hope this helps any other Asus A8V owners out there...

--
   -- Howard Chu