A question when test W83792D driver on another motherboard

Hi Rudolf,

> I think the function fails because nothing listens on that address.
> (Khali/Jean can you confirm?)

Absolutely right, as I explained in my other post.

> you can try:
>
> modprobe i2c-dev
> i2cdetect -l
>
> You will see the bus number you will use in next command.
>
> i2cdetect 0
>
> 0 Is my bus number.
>
> This command will probe i2c addresses to find all clients.
> If you will see XX on that address where should be 792D. Then it is
> hidden.

If sensors-detect did not trigger on any address while scanning the bus,
this also confirms that. I think that's what Chunhao told in a previous
mail. That said, a conformation from i2cdetect would be welcome for sure.

--
Jean Delvare