I have information on Winbond W83627EHF Chip

I am in the same position as David Hoffman with this.  It is just a
personal project and is not a necessity for me either.  I can offer my
time and testing.  I originally hoped to find the spec for the chip to
start working on a driver myself, but I was never able to dig up any
information on it anywhere.  Congrats to you David for getting the
datasheet!

Since my original correspondence I have purchased another motherboard to
run in my linux box and moved the ASUS P5AD2 to my desktop which
unfortunately only has Windows installed at the moment.  I swapped out
the boards as the P5AD2 has more features that would be useful to me on
the desktop rather than in the linux machine such as built in wireless
and 1394b.  The vanilla Intel board that replaced the asus in the linux
server has a different sensor chip (which also doesn't have support
AFAIK :) ) so I won't be able to provide any feedback for a few days
until I can get linux installed on my desktop again.

With that said I am still interested in supporting this effort and can
help with coding / testing of the driver as needed.  Are you free to
distribute that datasheet to me as well?

On a side note, in this message

http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg28603.html

I described the result I had by changing W627THF_DEVID to 0x88 to match
the id of the W83627EHF.  I was able to get data from the chip though
the voltages were incorrect.  This could be explained by the differences
that Jean described.  The fan RPM data seemed accurate as well as the
temperatures.

I will send my results as soon as I have a Linux install up on the Asus
board again, which should be sometime in the next few days.

--
David Madsen
david.w.madsen at intel.com