bt869 driver

Hi Gerd,

The lm_sensors project hosts a driver for the BT869 video-out chip,
which I am told is found (among others) on Voodoo3 boards. The driver is
for Linux 2.4 and gives control of the video out parameters through
procfs.

http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/browse.cgi/lm_sensors2/kernel/chips/bt869.c

People are asking for a Linux 2.6 port for quite some time now. I
believe that such a driver would better live in drivers/media/video than
drivers/i2c/chips, and I guess that the standard video-out drivers have
a completely different interface (sysctl instead of procfs?).

Do you have any opinion about this? If the BT869 chip integrates
properly in the media/video subsystem, I would be happy to see it moved
there. Don't know how much work this would be though, and have no chip
myself to hack/test anything.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare