new bus driver

Hi,
I'm planning to implement a bus driver for a simple homebrew
serial port I2C-adapter:

http://vodka.tky.hut.fi/~jap/Electronics/I2C/SerialAdapter/index.html

The original design is mine, but I just got confirmation from a hacker in
Italy that the device actually does work. Unfortunately the guy wrote
the driver for Windows only. Thus I decided to implement one for linux.

I checked the list of supported bus drivers and didn't found anything
related to serial port. Do you feel that kind of project usefull?

BR
Jaakko Ala-Paavola