CPU temp does not update

Hi John,

> I cannot get the CPU temp to update, from  cold (after being powered
> down  overnight for example) sensors will report a temp of approx
> 16-17c and it  will not move. If I run for a while and reboot, CPU
> temp will then show  something like 45-50c and again it will not move.
> In both cases this is  similar to the temp reported by BIOS as the
> system boots. I think I have shown the relevant information below.
>
> Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

You configuration looks OK. I would like you to test and answer the
following:

1* Do the voltage and fan speeds change? IOW, is the whole chip stuck or
only the temperature channels?

2* If you sit in the BIOS, can you see the temperatures change, or not?

3* If you unload and reload the w83627hf driver, do the temperatures
(sometimes) change?

4* Please provide a dump of the chip (isadump 0x295 0x296).

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/