I2C support for IPMI

Mark M. Hoffman wrote:

>Well, wait_event_interruptible_timeout() schedules, so at a quick glance
>this will not work for i2c-ibm_iic at least.  But more generally...

I think I got that one.  If you look at the function in the patch, I
made some changes to that.

>I started to rewrite i2c-i801 [1] to use interrupts rather than pure
>polling as it does now, so I'm interested to know: how can the panic-time
>operation work for bus drivers that need interrupts?

What I have done in the IPMI driver is when you wait for an operation,
if you are in a panic then call the interrupt handler continuously until
the operation completes.  Sort of like the network polling does.

Thanks,

-Corey