Trying to drive some LEDs through I2C

Hi,

I'm prototyping an appliance type box based on the EPIA-TC board
(http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_tc_spec.jsp?motherboardId=201).
This board supposedly has a I2C bus accessible on a connector.

I also built a small board with a few LEDs driven by a TI TPIC2810
(8-BIT LED DRIVER WITH I2C INTERFACE) which I would like to hook up to the
motherboard and control from a user-space process. The whole thing will run
a 2.6 linux kernel.

Could somebody please give me a few pointers to get started.

I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

-max

Max Ott
Co-Founder/CTO, Semandex Networks, Inc.
Research Professor, WINLAB, Rutgers University