Porting the fscpos driver to 2.6

Hi there!

I've been using the lm_sensors fscpos driver on 2.4 kernels for quite a while. Since I switched to 2.6 I really miss that driver. That's why I decided to just try and port it.

I'm not much of a C coder (as in "I hardly know any C") and even less of a kernel hacker. What I did was to see, how the lm78 driver changed from 2.4 to 2.6 and change the fscpos module in more or less the same way (and, of course, I read the porting-clients document). In order to get started I only tried to implement the temperature sensor. The module I created can now be compiled and loaded and even creates a directory under /sys/bus/i2c/drivers, but there's nothing in there.

Now, I don't know whether you would be interested in a 2.6 version of said driver, but if so, could you please give me some advice about what I might be missing? The current (very ugly - contains a hell of a lot of commented code) version of what I did is attached to this message.

Thanks & regards
--
Stefan Ott
http://www.desire.ch

"Quelli come me si svegliano alle tre e dicono che i giorni sono corti"
  -- Luciano Ligabue