New sensors web site (was Re: 2nd mail archive?)

Jean Delvare wrote:
>>Does lm_sensors.org sound good? It is not yet taken (sensors.org is).
>

> Random thoughts:
>
> As far as I know, underscores are not allowed in domain names, so it
> would more likely be a dash (I never liked that underscore anyway).
>
> Phil already has the domain lm-sensors.nu, can't we go on using it if we
> decide to accept your joint-forces offer?
>
> Another approach is that we might not need a domain name for it at all.
> Most project hosting systems have a subdirectory for each project,
> possibly with a subdomain, but not a domain per project, and it looks
> fine to me.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Jean Delvare

I like lm-sensors.org (right, no underscores).  We could use that for
the new site and then point lm-sensors.nu over to it after we get things
finalized.  I can purchase it for us unless somebody has an idea of how
to get it for free/ultra-cheap.

I like the idea of a wiki-style edit for web pages (at least only
accessible for us).

Other things we will want:

- CVS web browse
- Support/ticket system
- Mailing list (and web search)

Anything else?

It probably isn't a bad time to try to roll in a new web design into the
site.  I think things are rather too large right now (big fonts, big
graphics, nav on left is a little funky, etc.).

Phil