Regardding Ticket #: 1791

Hi Jonathan,

You can try the bmcsensors driver - this should be able to read the
temperatures (amongst other sensors) from the motherboard. For Kernel
2.4.x the bmcsensors driver is included in the standard lm_sensors,
however for kernel 2.6.x a port has been made but is not included in
the standard lm_sensors (kernel). See
http://bmcsensors-26.sourceforge.net/ for more information.

Let me know how it goes - I need more feedback on how well (or not)
the ported driver works on different IPMI implementations.
Unfortunatley i havn't got around to updating the path to apply to
more recent (2.6.8+) kernels, but I will get around to this shortly. I
want to incorporate any changes made to the 2.4 version before doing
so and that takes time (the patch probably applies cleanly/with easy
modifications to more recent kernels itself).

Yani