No fan values with W83637HF

> While (shame on me) I did not read the FAQ, I found on the web clues
> about this divider problem. I already tried to change the factor within
> gkrellm before sending the mail. Now I realize that changing the
> factor in gkrellm is probably not comparable to modifying the divider.

The name of "divider" is a misnomer as it doesn't divide the reported
speed. Instead it divides an internal clock which define the range of
speeds a hardware monitoring chipser is able to measure with a
reasonable accuracy.

> So I've just did changed the fanx_div in /etc/sensors, run sensors -v

I guess -s.

> And now it seems to be working (somehow surprising results, though
> - no real speed increase/decrease whatever the CPU temperature ; but
> it could be explained by the BIOS configuration where 55? is the
> target temperature, a temperature the CPU hardly reach since the room
> the computer is within is a bit cold).

The automatic fan speed adjustment is a special mode of the W83637HF,
which is NOT supported by our w83627hf driver yet. The driver will also
reset the chip upon load (shame on us) so any configuration made by your
BIOS will be lost. Most probably, the fans are not changing speeds
because of that. You might try to change their speed manually using the
pwm files in /sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-0290 (of whatever it is named
exactly on your system).

--
Jean Delvare