RFC: complete rewrite of i2c-i801 for 2.6.x

thanks for offer. i2c block read support for ich5 and later is now in CVS.
Best way to test bus drivers is with 'i2cdump'.
In particular to test i2c block reads, best way is with the "i" mode of i2cdump.
If it works, regular byte ("b") mode and "i" mode should have identical results
when reading from an eeprom.

For the ICH7, first we've heard of it, but not surprised it would be the chip
after ICH6 :)
I see there's nothing on developer.intel.com about it. Will there be any
changes in the SMBus controller? What is the device ID? Datasheet availability?
Whether you submit 2.4 or 2.6 patches doesn't really matter.
But with the device ID, and assurances that the SMBus part of the chip didn't change,
it's real easy.

mds