pwm fan control with IT8705F I/O chip it87 module

> the pwm and 'smart guardian' support went in a year ago as a patch from
> Michael Hufer <michael.hufer at freenet.de>

They are implemented in the Linux 2.4 version of the driver, but are
still missing from the Linux 2.6 version of the driver as far as I can
see. I remember that two different contributors had been working on
patches [1] [2], cleanup patches were accepted but efforts were somehow
interrupted right before the actual PWM patches were merged in.

Jonas, any news?

[1] http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg25449.html
[2] http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg26904.html

> I don't have an it87 board myself.
> If anybody else on the list has one please speak up.

My girlfriend has one. I might be able to do some tests on it.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare