RFC: complete rewrite of i2c-i801 for 2.6.x

Hi Mark:

(trimmed CCs)

* Mark D. Studebaker <mds4 at verizon.net> [2004-12-07 14:14:23 -0500]:
> As I understand the bloat-police thread, there's no objection to adding
> back in the removed functions
> when they're needed.
> It's a little irritating that things are being ripped out but I can
> understand it.

:)

> It should be our goal to get the block functions back in as soon as
> possible.
> You should include it with any 801 patch submission.

I will.  Contrary to what I wrote above, userspace can still access those
transfers without the i2c-core helpers.  And who is to say that there aren't
any block transfer users through i2c-dev?

> I guess the write was already put back but the read wasn't?

Sounds right.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman