get no informations on laptop acer extensa: Especially smart battery: neither ACPI nor lm_sensors

[please reply to the list, not to me]

Hi Olli,

> i bought an acer extensa 3002 laptop and install SuSE 9.1 with Kernel
> 4.6.10.

Wooo. But that kernel would not be out before decades, if not centuries!
;)

> Acpi is supported and i can get many informations but there is no battery
> support. I disassembled the DSDT and dont?t find any error. With
> Windows XP the control manager dosn?t list a ACPI battery support but use
> smart battery with SMBus. So i install lm_sensor latest version and do
> sensors-detect. The script found i2c-i801 and load the module. But there is
> only the eeprom module found, no other sensors/chips etc. sensors listed
> only the eeprom and i2cdetect dosn?t find anything, i2cdump only list i2c-0
> unknown  SMBus I801 adapter at 1880  Algorithm unavailable. So i think,
> thats not o.k. Also i?m not able to fiind a way to compile the smartbat.c
> module in the subdirectory of lm_sensors.

What you say here would suggest that the battery is not supported by ACPI
so there is probably no need to search any further in that direction.
BTW, ACPI and lm_sensors are almost completely separated, and we do not
have enough knowledge about ACPI to help.

The smartbatt driver that comes with lm_sensors is for Linux 2.4 and was
not ported to 2.6 yet, so you won't get it to compile.

> What?s wrong?
>
> i attached my lspci -v, my boot.msg and DSDT. Please help me.

Doesn't help much except lspci which confirms that you have an
i801-compatible SMBus. Please provide the full output of sensors-detect
on your system, and the output of "i2cdetect 0".

Thanks,

--
Jean Delvare