adm1026 driver port for kernel 2.6.X

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 10:39:58PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > But I see your point.  If we keep the DAC output as well as the PWM
> > output in the interface, there really is no reason to provide separate
> > pwm1_* and pwm2_* entries, since only one can operate at a time.  Then
> > we would need to replace
> >
> > pwm[1-2]_enable, {0,1,2}
> >
> > with a single file such as:
> >
> > pwm_enable, {0,1,2,3,4}
> >
> > where:
> >
> > 0 -> no fan control, fans set @ full speed
> > 1 -> manual PWM fan control
> > 2 -> manual DAC fan control
> > 3 -> automatic PWM fan control
> > 4 -> automatic DAC fan control
>
> This won't be allowed since value 2 is standardized as auto mode. You
> could default to PWM and allow the used to switch to DAC, or provide a
> non-standard file to switch from PWM to DAC and back (pwm1_mode?)

Ok.  Let's try this:

pwm1                    {0-255}   Actual PWM/DAC value, single interface to
                                  both registers.
pwm1_auto_pwm_min       {0-255}   Scaled to {0-15}, single interface to both
                                  registers.
pwm1_enable             {0-2}     Fan control:  off, manual, and automatic,
                                  respectively
pwm1_mode               {0-1}     0 (default) is PWM control of fans, 1 is DAC.

-------

Thanks,

Justin Thiessen
jthiessen at penguincomputing.com