getting 2.8.7 or better for 2.6 kernel?

Hi Jeremy,

>I wish to try the pc87364 with 2.6 kernel.  The downloads page indicates
>  that the patches must not be used with 2.6, and that development is in
>the kernel tree.  I don't see any mention of that driver in change logs
>for kernel 2.6.9, or -bk? so i seem to have hit a dead end.
>
>Any pointers would be appreciated.

You're of the lucky kind, aren't you? One week ago I'd have told you
to wait, possibly for a long time, unless someone would port the driver
to 2.6.

However I just ported the driver yesterday, after Wincor-Nixdorf Germany
requested me to do so in exchange of some hardware I wanted. I guess you
can thank them as I do :) You can pick the patch here:
http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/linux-2.6.8-i2c-pc87360-alpha1.diff
Note that it is totally untested since I do not own a compatible chip
myself. The patch should apply and compile on almost any 2.6.8+ kernel
tree.

If you give it a try, please let me know how it works for you and report
any problem you encounter, so that I can fix theses.

Thanks,
Jean Delvare