Adding S4882 support to the i2c-amd756 driver

Hi:

(Replying to self)

* Mark M. Hoffman <mhoffman at lightlink.com> [2004-10-21 23:21:17 -0400]:
> Yes, I'll want to tackle this in stages.  The sysfs fixups can come later.
> It brings up a point though: if the MUX client is registered "manually"
> as we're calling it, what do we do with the sysfs structure?  Maybe it
> would be better for i2c_lock_adapter to do this:
>
> 1) force all existing clients to detach
> 2) attach the caller client as normal
> 3) mark the bus as no-probe and allow no further client attachments

To be more clear, what I'm suggesting would be declared like this:

	int i2c_attach_client_exclusive(struct i2c_client *client);

The "unlock" part can be rolled into the normal i2c_detach_client routine.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com