LM93 vccp_limit_type "relative" does not work

I've been trying to get the "relative" mode of the LM93 to work.   I
have used i2cdump, i2cset and the spec sheet to get an idea how this
feature works.  However, what it will take to get the LM93 to do it is
beyond my abilities, I am afraid.

I'm using the CVS version from Oct. 12, which has all current LM93 fixes
integrated.

In order to use the feature the following steps need to be done:
  1. set thresholds in register 0xb2 and 0xb3 (pg 60 of spec sheet)
  2. unmask alarms in register 0xed (pg 84 of the spec sheet)
  3. read alarms in register 0x4B (pg 48 of the spec sheet)
  4. dynamically update the thresholds for libsensors based on VID input
and settings in #1

I have tried to use the vccp_limit_type load-time parameter.  It should
do this, but I get lost trying to figure out what it is actually doing.

It definately does work on item #4 and if I change the thresholds in
registers 0xb2 and/or 0xb3, the thresholds displayed by sensors(1)
change.  However, they do not match what is documented in the spec sheet.

On my box, registers 0xb2 and 0xb3 are 00 on startup.  Loading the
driver makes no difference, so step #1 does not appear to be being done.

On my box, the register 0xed has the dynamic vccp limit masked out when
the box boots up.  Loading the driver makes no difference, so step #2
does not appear to be being done.

No matter what state is used for the vccp_limit_type load-time
parameter, the alarms as displayes by sensors(1) are from the IN_7 and
IN_8 voltage error bits.

Have I missed something??

Thanks for any input.

David