some interesting twist...

#1 unimplemented
	a) if the GEM424 is waiting a while, then is a master on the bus, and needs the ICH5 to be a slave,
	   then you need "master-as-slave" functionality, which is unimplemented in the i2c layer or in any driver
	b) perhaps the GEM424 is using SMBus 2.0 "block write/block read process call" (a block write followed by
	   a block read in one transacction)? If so, it is implemented in the i2c layer but is not supported by
	   any driver (or any chip AFAIK).

#2 not from our package
	you may wish to use the aardvark development tool from www.totalphase.com but that won't help you
	in your real system.