interface changes in linux 2.6, lm_sensors 2.8.8

Hello Jean:

* Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> [2004-09-16 14:48:44 +0100]:
> I think you have a plan to revert my bogus pwmN -> fanN_pwm interface change.
> I believe that it would be great if you could add support for this in
> libsensors before 2.8.8 is released. That way, people will need to upgrade
> only once for both changes. Since libsensors now has room for one alternative
> name for each feature, you don't need to update the drivers themselves now,
> only the library.

Agreed, I would like to get the library changes in to 2.8.8.  However, I'm not
sure yet what is the scope of the changes.  Right now, I see these:

fan?_pwm	=> pwm?
fan?_pwm_enable	=> pwm?_enable

Are there more?  I think there could be.  So, that forces me to do the driver
work up front anyway.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman