fan cotrol register for it87, kernel 2.6

Hello

I use kernel 2.6 and my motherboard uses an IT8705 controller.
With my mobo the cpu-fan runs allways at max. speed so I started
to look at the driver-source. In lm_sensors 2-8.7, it87.c there are functions
to write to the  fan - control registers.
I have already ported the code for some registers to the kernel 2.6 module
and it is working.

My questions are:
- does anybody know who maintains this module?
- what are the reasons that the fan-control code is not in the 2.6 module?

Thanks, Martin

PS: please reply to my e-mail address, I have not (yet) subscribed to this
list