lm87 ported to Linux 2.6

I took the original LM75 code and modified it for the LM87.  I got it
working for my purposes on my special hardware, but never really had the
time to clean it up for submittal, or for that matter keep it up to date
with the latest kernels.  Anyway, thanks for cleaning it up and getting
the first patch out there!  I'll test it as soon as i get my hardware back.

Jeff Oliver

Jean Delvare wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>After some time, we finally have a first candidate patch for a lm87
>driver in Linux 2.6. I started from what David sent to me a few days
>ago, which I guess is Jeff's work? I reviewed it, reworked it
>significantly to comply better with the latest standards of the Linux
>2.6 i2c subsystem, fixed a few things and here we are.
>
>First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your interest in the lm87
>driver, and hope we'll come to something acceptable to be submitted to
>Greg soon now.
>
>The patch is available here:
>http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/linux-2.6.8.1-mm4-i2c-lm87-alpha1.diff
>It should apply and work on linux-2.6.8.1-mm1, -mm2, -mm3 and -mm4
>kernels.
>
>Please let me know who exactly contributed to the patch I started from,
>so that everyone gets credited as he deserves.
>
>Please note that the driver will check that it is called on a
>hardware-monitoring classed bus. Make sure the i2c adapter you use
>declares itself with .class=I2C_CLASS_HWMON. If not, either change that
>(and report if the bus driver is already in the 2.6 kernel tree) or skip
>the test in lm87_attach_adapter for now.
>
>This first patch is untested beyond compilation, as I don't own a LM87
>myself. This is why I rely on you for testing. The more testers there
>are, the faster it'll be to get the driver into Greg's tree. Please test
>and report how it is working for you. The latest libsensors/sensors from
>lm_sensors CVS are mandatory (> July 7th, today prefered), unless you
>test the sysfs interface directly, which would be nice as well BTW.
>
>I'd also be interested by i2cdumps of your LM87s. The detection of the
>LM87 is probably correct but could be refined so as to prevent any
>misdetection.
>
>Thanks.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this transmission, including any
attachments, may contain confidential information of Matsushita Avionics
Systems Corporation.  This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) listed above.  Unauthorized review, dissemination or other use
of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error or have reason to believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please notify the sender by return
email and promptly delete the transmission